Direct application on hot coil using robotic
|Object||Steel Hot Coil|
・Identify and barcode hot coils soon after rolling
・Include coil characteristics and shipping information
・Eliminate coil identification and shipping errors
Previous management method
Visual check of spray marking character
Spray marking at 550℃
Shipping label is applied after coil is cool
Coil number is visually checked in coil inventory yard. Label is printed and applied on cool coil.
Point of Problem
- Hot coil management using barcode identification is difficult
- Incorrect label is applied by mistake after the coil has cooled.
- Coil must be re-identified down stream. This is not efficient
Solution by HEATPROOF
- Improve coil identification using barcodes. Identify coils using scanners
- Eliminate the problems associated with re-identifying coils long after they are produced
- Reduce coil marking costs. Speed up inventory reconciliation.
HEATPROOF Label can be applied at 550℃
- Eliminate the need to re-identify coils after cooling
Spray marked coils must be re-labelled after cooling
HEATPROOF labels are applied as soon as the coil is produced
Improve shipping accuracy